There’s not a day that goes by here at Dorotape that we don’t field questions about application tape. With a wide range of tack levels and types of face film, choosing the right one is not always straightforward. To make life easier we’re here to untangle this sticky dilemma.
What is now Dorotape began life almost 35 years ago. As part of a European group of companies, we were one of the first to supply application tape to the UK signs and graphics market, so we’re confident that we can reliably be on hand to advise on which one is right for each job.
● Paper tapes are more suitable for wet application vinyl.
● Clear filmic application tapes are the preferred choice if overlaying and aligning vinyl and films.
● The most common tack level is medium to high tack which is suitable for most small to mid-sized graphics.
● Low tack application tape is best for large-cut vinyl graphics, wall graphics and frosted window films.
● Low-tack paper application tape is also ideal for protecting printed graphics during handling, storage and transport.
● High-tack application tapes lend themselves to small graphics and lettering and high-tack self-adhesive films such as reflective vinyl.
● Conform® paper application tapes feature 'Release Liner Adhesion' for an even adhesion to the backing liner without dog-earing.
We hope that you found this blog relevant and informative and that you'd be interested in reading some of our other blogs
Article Posted: 26/06/2023 12:20:21
R-Tape Conform 4075RLA is a high tack paper application tape with Release Liner Adhesion and is the most popular one in the range as it is pretty universal but especially aimed at applying small to mid sized graphics.
903 is a medium tack filmic application tape comprises of a transparent LDPE film coated with an acrylic adhesive. It has very good clarity and will lay flat when applied to vinyl decals. Suitable for most general signage work. Dry apply only. 1220mm x 100m
R-Tape Conform 4050RLA is a medium tack paper application tape with Release Liner Adhesion, designed for applying medium and large sized lettering and graphics.
R-Tape Conform 4000RLA is a low tack paper application tape with Release Liner Adhesion, designed for applying large graphics and can also be used for surface protection of signs and digital prints.
R-Tape Conform 4760RLA is a medium to high tack paper application tape with Release Liner Adhesion, specifically designed for use with UV and solvent based ink digital prints.
907 is an embossed PP film that will not stretch or curl making it suitable for use onto large graphics. Suitable for all types of vinyl films, the adhesive level will not increase when applied to vinyl graphics for extended periods of time. Can be used dry or wet. 1220mm x 91.4m
This clear glossy, flexible self-adhesive PVC application tape is ideal for the positioning and application of vinyl cut lettering and graphics. It is supplied on a liner which has a useful 5mm pattern print on the reverse side which not only helps in positioning graphics but also makes this flexible PVC film re-usable. Dry use only. 1350mm x 50m
R-Tape Conform 4761RLA is a medium to high tack paper application tape with Release Liner Adhesion, specifically designed to adhere to the embossed liners of air flow vinyl and films.
900E is an excellent value medium tack application tape suitable for all small to medium sized graphics and lettering and printed vinyl. Ideal for wet or dry applications. 1220mm x 91.4m
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with everything new at Dorotape and find fresh inspiration for adding the WOW factor to your project. Plus product news, industry views and great offers too!